Thursday, July 3, 2008

Annapolis

OK, I am not always able to get on the computer so those of you reading my blog, surprise you get two today. We have been in Annapolis since Monday. For those of you who do not know why I am in Annapolis, here is a quick update. My husband attended the Naval Academy (in Annapolis). My younger brother-in-law teaches at the Naval Academy and my youngest brother-in-law is currently a midshipman at the Naval Academy. Wow, that is a lot of one school. By all means I am extremely proud of my husband and his brothers. After being with my husband for over 15 years and watching his brothers and sister grow up, I do not think of them as in-laws. They are truly my family also. But back to the Academy, this is the week that new Midshipmen, known as Plebes, enter the Academy for their summer training, known as Plebe Summer.

As we walked around the Yard, we were able to see the tops of the new plebes as they took their Oath, entering the Navy. We were graced with the beautiful sight of the Blue Angels doing their fly-by. The boys were thrilled, even though it was quite loud. I wish I had pictures to share, but as it is very difficult to catch them in photos, I decided to enjoy the sight without a camera. Sorry.

There is a tradition at the Academy that all Mids yell their graduation year. Since we were walking around with two Academy Grads and one upcoming Grad, the boys have been taught to yell their graduation year at any one wearing white. Now it is very cute to watch a six and four year old yell out the years 2024 and 2026, however as their mother, I do not want to think of my little boys walking around in Whites becoming well groomed men , before they enter the US Navy. It is quite a sight, but very frightening for a young mother. But I know my boys will make me proud, as they will probably be highly encouraged to follow their father's and uncle's footsteps. GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

No comments: