Thursday, July 3, 2008

Friends Part 2

Well, after sharing the definition of a what a friend means on paper. Here is what a friend means to me: someone I can vent to at all hours of the night. Someone who gives advice, whether I want it or not, when it is needed. Someone that does not judge me for the mistakes I make, but usually stands by my side so that I do not make them alone. There are million other things I can list here that I could describe a friend.

Many of you know that my husband is in the Navy, (if you don't go back to read the O-4 blog). Assuming you are update to date with the status of my husband, most of you know this personally because I would not have met you if it was not for this fantastic job that takes my husband out to sea six months out of the year. But this blog is not about the Navy, it is about the friendships that the Navy has helped me create. I have a lot to thankful for as my life has been surrounded by Navy friends and families.

There are many people that become your friends based on convenience: husbands are gone at the same time, husbands went to school together, or they are your neighbors. These are good friends, but are they true friends? I guess that is determined by how much you stay in touch with them after these convenient times do not exist. For example, having moved 10 times in 10 years, I have managed to have lots of friends, but only a few True Friends. To those of you who I am still in touch with over all these years, Thank you for being a True Friend. Without all of you, my life as a Navy Wife would be lonesome outside the company of my children.

No comments: