Saturday, May 31, 2008

Running for my Health?

As I prepare for my first official race of the season tomorrow, I am resting after a three mile run. I often wonder why I am asking causing my legs to burn, my body to sweat and oh yeah my feet to hurt. I am not sure I have a very good reason for this torture, but when I think about the extra cookie I get to have after dinner, it seems to make it a little more worth it. Not much, but it at least has gotten me through the current workout. I have talked a few of my friends into a sort of support group, by getting them to workout with me and hold me accountable for getting to the gym. Since Kristin is the friend of choice for this upcoming 5K, I would like to say thank you to her for helping me cross the finish line. This is all in preparation for the Tri Turtle Triathlon that I will compete in this September. No I am not in it for a medal, only to finish in less time that I did last year (without any major training) So be sure to check back on the status of my torture, ummm... I mean my training schedule.

No comments: