Sunday, June 29, 2008

What is a Friend?

This blog may either run on forever or have several sections throughout the next few days. But first the beginning. What exactly is a friend? The most basic, to the point definition I could find is:


A Friend is a person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
a person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
This is very broad, but it is a good place to start. I consider myself lucky because I think I have many friends. It is true that quite a few of them have entered my life and then exited just as quickly. However, there has always been a part of them that has touched my heart. For this I am so THANKFUL.
Now, let's see how we can define a True Friend.
A True Friend is someone who sees you through the good times and bad.
someone who makes you happy and is there for you when you are sad.
A True Friend is someone that will laugh and cry with you.
A True Friend will HOLD a piece of you in their Heart.
As I look through my life, I find that my list of friends is much longer than my True Friends list. This is completely ok with me. It would be a wonderful life just knowing I had ONE True Friend. Since I can count more than one True Friend, I find myself TRULY BLESSED. Without placing my list publicly on this blog, I believe those True Friends know who they are without seeing their name on a list.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aaawww, does this have anything to do with the conversations we've been having over the last few days? I hope I'm considered a True Friend ~ I know you are one of mine. Hurry home, my sewing machine is getting lonely! :) ~Jess