Monday, August 17, 2009

Dungeness Spit

Dungeness Spit
There are very few weekends that we do not have anything planned in advance and with our lovely weather (sarcasm again), it is very difficult to plan for outdoor activities. One afternoon, we decided to drive out to Sequim and visit the Dungeness Spit. The boys and I have been there once before but we never made it past the lookout spot where we had our picnic. Actually walking down by the water was amazing. We had our lunch on the logs and watched all the people walking along the beach.
After lunch, we walked about two miles down the 5.5 mile beach. I think if it was warmer the boys would have been able to walk to the end, but we were a little cold and the boys were ready to head back (ok, I guess I should be classified in that category, because I was very happy when they were able to convice Brian to start heading back to the car.
As the boys are getting older they are constantly trying to take pictures with my camera. So eventually there will be a decent one of Brian and me together. Here is one taken by Logan on our walk along the spit.
And of course, we almost always find a cute one of the boys when they are willing to cooperate. Here is one from the Lookout Spot.

No comments: