Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Graders

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to think...My one and only Logan has graduated Kindergarten and is now officially a First Grader. I can't believe it. It seems like it was just a few short years ago that Brian and I were holding onto his little hands as he was just a mere 4 pounds at birth. Now he is a 6 year old, getting ready to go to first grade all day long. I am not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I am a little nervous that he will be in school all day, but on the other hand, I am a little excited to have a few hours with the boys at school again. Ask me again in a few months and we will see which feeling is stronger. These thoughts are coming only a few hours of my little boy leaving his class only to be named a First Grader. We have the whole summer to get through and I am sure by the time September comes around, I will be thrilled at the fact they will both be in school. At least I still have one more year before Brandon enters Kindergarten, we still have another year of preschool with him. But he will have an extra day added to his schedule. Yeah for me. There is another day free, at least for a few hours.

As for now, we have the entire summer to look forward to, the boys are at least happy about the summer, I am just wondering how long my sanity will last before I am ready to ship the boys back to Nana and Papa. So those reading this, please help me and be sure to call me for a break or a play date if you are in this area.

1 comment:

nursecari said...

I think I am having a harder time with Hayden being 6 and going to First Grade than I did turning 30!!!
I already have the day off from work, want to make him a good breakfast and well, do as much for him as he will let me.. we have already started the reluctance to kissing in public stage...UGH!