Saturday, June 7, 2008

What is a BRICK?

You may answer this question as 'a rectangular mass of clay used in building'. Yes that may be true in the literal since, however, in the words of my Tri Team Leader a Brick is "B" for "bike," "R" for "run," and "ick" for how your legs feel when you get off the bike and start running. This is exactly what I did this morning. Mind you it was torture just being up and out of the house before 8:00am, let alone preparing to ride and run in 40 degree temperature. After hitting the snooze on the alarm to snuggle with Brandon just a few more minutes, I crawled out of bed and beginning gathering clothes that would allow me the ease of pedaling and running, but yet keep me warm. After two years, I can't thank Andy enough for purchasing the under armor clothes before our ski trip, they have come in handy so many times. Hence the first layer of my attire this morning. I was pretty warm at the beginning of the ride, but I forgot one important item to keep me warm: gloves for my hands. Cold temperatures + riding fast (not really that fast but it was down a hill) = very cold hands. So what did I learn today, find some gloves. I could ride slower, but that might defeat the purpose of the training.

2 comments:

John & Amy Smith said...

To bad they haven't come up with a triathlon game for the Wii. Then your hands will stay warm. ;)

Jeff Guise said...

Haha...The first BRICK is always interesting; especially coming off the bike going into the run. I find them to be my hardest workouts stretching to 3.5 hours sometimes, depending on what my coach has me doing.

Also, if you are looking for some good gloves, underarmor makes some really nice ones that I use under my riding gloves...and they are only 10 bucks.