Monday, June 9, 2008

What to do when they turn 6?

It has taken me a day or so to recuperate from all the energy that my 4 and 6 year old have inside of them. Where does it all come from? Really, how can such little people have more energy than their grown mother. I realize I am not that tall, but I am still taller than my little rugrats. But their energy is never ending. For example, this evening it was almost 9:00, yes most children are starting to wind down, but not my two. One is running and jumping off the couches and the other is rolling around on the floor, trying to prove to me that he is wide awake. I realize that it would only take a few minutes for them to actually lay down and fall asleep but they had more energy to fight off sleep than I did to actually put them to bed. I am writing this at 9:30 and there is finally peacefulness coming from their room. I love them to death, but someone needs to figure out how to store their energy in a bottle, because it is not fair for single parents to not be able to keep up with their children all day long. I just thank God that I will only be single for a few more days. At that point, I will be giving my loving husband a big kiss and airdudes on my way out the door, because I need so ME time. Is that so bad to want? Ok, maybe I will wait until the next morning and then run out the door.

No comments: