Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our First Grader



Can you believe it is the First Day of School? Last night we attended the Back to School night for Logan. We were given the opportunity to meet his teacher and find where he would sit in the classroom. We got to walk down to the cafeteria where Logan would eat lunch, since he would be at school all day long. I thought we were both excited, well ok, I know I was more excited about it than he was, but I was hoping he would be excited to see his friends.




Well, this morning, he woke up worried about the day, we tried to walk him through the routine, but since I am not sure about the everything I kind of had to make it up, hopefully I will be close. Since I wanted to make it a nice morning, I made cinnamon rolls for the boys, Logan helped make his own lunch. We packed his backpack together, so he knew where everything was when he needed it. After quite a few cinnamon rolls, (at least I know he won't be starving at school) we took some first day pictures.


Then we drove over to the bus stop, I know that probably does not make sense, to actually drive to the bus stop, when I can just drive him straight to school. But trust me this is the best thing we could do for him. This way he is able to get himself calm before getting to school and entering the classroom. Once he is done thinking about missing us at home he will be ready to have fun at school.


This was Brandon's excellant photography skills as Logan was getting on the bus. We look forward to hearing all about Logan's first day when he gets home from school.

No comments: