Friday, February 26, 2010

early mornings

After what seemed like a long week, we started Friday off at 3:00 by the beginning of a series of phone calls. It would not be too bad if Brian could reach over and answer the phone quickly. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Brian's work phone only gets reception in a few spots in the house, one being in the kitchen by the back door. Therefore, his phone is on the loudest setting and I usually have to wake him quickly so he can get it fast enough. If he doesn't, there is usually another call five minutes later and/or the loud alert of a voicemail. This morning, however, just when we were about to fall asleep again, the phone rings at 3:16. Just lovely. I think we made it til about 4:30-5:00ish before it rang again, but after being up since 4:00 the previous day, it did not matter, my sleep was not satisfying. I, of course, fell back asleep til Brian's alarm went off at 6:30 and then his phone ringing just as he was heading to the shower. I am sure at some point Logan heard the ringing and decided it was alright for him to come down. Thankfully, he laid peacefully til about 7:25. He gets excited when Brian resets the alarm for him to hear the 'music'. However, I was so not in the mood to hear it at 7:30. At this point, Logan was more than happy to hop out of bed. Having said all of this. It is 9:22pm and I am heading to bed because Brian's phone has not stopped ringing since 7:00 this evening and I am pretty sure it will be ringing well into the night. Ugh...

No comments: